Apricot: Questions & Ideas (Part 3)

Can u give me some advice on fertilizing fruit trees--apricot, loquat and apple?

Those fruit stakes are good. You can also see if there are any pruning clinics at local stores ... (They used to have free flyers at that one in Fremont just past Mission Blvd. I like that store) There is probably stuff online too. Generally, you want to keep the center "open" and trim the height. You don't want branches to touch each other.

Also - once the fruit starts to set as little hard green buds, you can trim 1/2 off them off. This will let the tree concentrate it's energy on making the ones left on it bigger. Finally, I can't recall right now, but you might find out if you should be spraying the apricot for leaf-curl (I know you do that for peaches) (We never fertilized the apple trees in our backyard ... )

I have a recipe that calls for Apricot Nectar but I only have Apricot Jam. Can I use the jam?

IF YOU DON'T HAVE APRICOT NECTAR YOU CAN USE THE JUICE FROM A CAN OF PEACHES, NECTAR IS USUALLY THE JUICE OF A FRUIT PRODUCT. APRICOT JAM IS NOT QUITE WHAT YOU WANT BUT MAYBE YOU CAN TRY DILUTING IT AND HEATING IT IN A SAUCE PAN TO THIN IT OUT. MAYBE 3/4 CUP OF JAM AND 1/4 CUP ORANGE JUICE OR PEACH JUICE.

How do I grow a apricot tree from seed?

After it's been refrigerated, you can plant it. Then wait and see if it grows. Good luck.

At what time of the year should I plant an apricot tree in NSW, Australia?

Plant one when it is bare-rooted in winter. Try a fruit tree nursery. Often alot of fruit trees aren't sold until the end of autumn. Daleys (spelling?) nursery does a mail order too their website is easy to find. I haven't tried them (I don't think they post to WA) but I see that they have alot of nice fruit trees. I prune my apricot in winter and feed with a fruit tree slow release fertilizer. Good luck, and enjoy the taste of your home-grown apricots!

Why does apricot skin split open before it is ripe?


Probably too much water. Don't water the tree every day

Where can I find a mini poodle apricot colored?

You would have to contact a reputable miniature poodle breeder and ask to be put on a waiting list for an apricot color. It may be a long wait tho - reputable breeders sometimes limit what colors they breed; others breed a variety. Type is more important then coat color.

What sort of side dish should I make with apricot-glazed pork loin?

You want to offset the sweetness of the glaze with something a little sour. Maybe steamed veggies with lemon or a lemon sauce.Pumpkin is too sweet even on it's own and squash may be kind of heavy. A mushroom risotto might also be good paired with the veggies

How to treat seemingly-diseased apricot tree?

I hate to start out on a negative note, so let me say good for you for trying to save your tree! I believe you have one of several types of boring insects, they are the larvae of beetles or maybe some kind of moth. Usually they bore in right to the site were the trunk was grafted to the root stock. But no matter. It sounds like you have these borers/whitish colored worms/maggots in your tree.

My guess is that at this point NO saving the tree! Again not your fault. BUT, try, go to a garden store, explain the sap or gumming problem and ask for a systemic that will be either absorbed through the roots or the leaves,Roots are best, This will ONLY save the healthy part of the tree, it will not restore anything that is all ready damaged! SORRY.

What can i substitute an apricot jam glaze for in a hot cross bun recipe?

Either the strawberry jam glaze or just the sugar & water glaze will both work fine. I always just use a sugar & water glaze as I hate apricot jam, and I sell dozens of buns in my shop this time of year, so it certainly work fine for me. Enjoy your baking & Happy Easter!

Which oil is better to apply to my entire body? Jojoba or Apricot oil?

jojoba its the only oil the resemble the natural oils of the skin

Someone drove into my yard and killed my Apricot full grown tree. How much do I ask for payback?

If you are trying to find a figure to submit for small claims court then perhaps consider asking what the city would charge you if you were to accidentally knock down the same type or similar full grown tree that is protected by law. Some cities have strict rules and heavy fines regarding trees. If the law protects the tree and if you are doing work on your property, building for instance, then some cities require you to put down a good chunk of money for a deposit in case you damage the tree. One of our neighbours paid $10,000 to the city that retained the money until the completion of the work that was being done on their property. They later got their money back. But that tree was at least twice the size and age that yours was.

Is Strawberry or apricot jam bad for cats?

Cats digestive systems are not designed to assimilate the sugars in jams and preserves. Want to give your cat a treat; throw it some raw hamburg.

Can I start an apricot plant from seed?

If the tree gave fruit after it is 3-5 years old it will not taste like the apricot it was taken out of. It would be fun growing a tree. Buying a tree would be better. It will give good fruit. And sooner.

Can I use the St.Ives apricot scrub for blemish control on my forehead with pimples?

It should be just fine. In fact, if you looked at a product from the same manufacturer that was specifically for pimples instead of blemish and blackheads (which a pimple is considered a blemish), it would likely be the same product in a different package. It's a marketing and sales technique to sell you different products that are essentially the same thing.

Is APRICOT facial scrub safe during pregnancy?

I don't see why it wouldn't be.. unless you are eating it.

My apricot tree did not produce fruits this year?


Believe it or not there are trees that are like male trees and female trees.... and depending on the exact type of tree the "female" needs to be polinated by the "male" or something like that..... so if there was another apricot tree in your area and it got cut down or died or anything like that.... that could be your problem right there....

Does anyone know where i can find apricot colored feathers?

Try ebay--- they seem to have everything. Put it on a watch list and e-mail will notify you when something comes up for sale. Also, try e-mailing or contacting the magazine. They usually have the sources of which their pictures and products came from. Good luck

Will an apricot seed grow into a nice tree and have fruit on it?

Most fruit trees are grafts on root stocks. It ensures a healthier tree and better fruit production. Plus you can get a dwarf tree so it doesn't out grow its location. Better to buy a tree from a nursery.

2 comments:

essay best said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful and informational question and answer session about apricot fruit. it is one of my favorite fruits. This article was so helpful and i will share it with others too.

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More